The Treatment of Cancer
What is Oncology?
The veterinary oncology specialists at Southern Arizona Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center (SAVS) are able to provide your pet with many advanced cancer treatment options. Treatment may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or any combination of modalities. Care is provided by our team of doctors and technicians led by board-certified veterinarian Mary Kay Klein, DVM, MS, DACVIM, DACVRO who has dedicated her medical career to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in animals. In addition to her work with SAVS, she is a clinical lecturer and researcher at the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
- Diagnostic medical services to evaluate and stage cancer include cytologic evaluation, biopsy, digital radiography, CT scans, ultrasound, and full laboratory services
- Clinical trials for cancer patients
- I-131 radioisotope treatment for safe and effective therapy for hyperthyroidism in cats
- Medical treatment options include combination and single agent chemotherapy, antiangiogenic and metronomic therapy, immunotherapy, nutritional counseling, and innovative and novel therapeutics.
- External beam radiation therapy is available at our Central location on East Fort Lowell Road