Veterinary Dental Cleanings
At Arizona Veterinary Dental Specialists, your pet’s cleaning includes:
- Complete oral exam and consultation from one of our board-certified veterinary dental specialists
- All pre-anesthetic blood work – We test all organ function prior to anesthesia to identify any abnormalities or risks
- IV fluids, general anesthesia, and electronic monitoring – We are highly experienced in pet anesthesia. Your pet’s anesthesia will be individualized to their specific needs and will be closely monitored throughout the entire process.
- Digital dental x-rays – Dental radiographs allow us to get a full picture of your pet’s mouth and identify periodontal disease, fractured teeth, or oral cancer that is not visible without x-rays
- Thorough and professional teeth cleaning (prophy) and polishing
- Copies of dental x-rays, EKG, dental, and anesthetic charts
- Peace of mind knowing your pet is receiving a comprehensive dental cleaning that can prevent future dental disease and save costs down the road
Pet Dentistry FAQs
Fortunately, patients with health problems can have safe anesthesia and receive excellent dental care! The risks of anesthesia are substantially reduced by the veterinary professionals providing care. Anesthetic-related deaths in pets is estimated to be less than 1%. The likelihood of pain and suffering from untreated disease approaches 100%. We prefer to treat dental disease to avoid unnecessary suffering. It is well worth the risk! Do we want our companions to live a long life with chronic pain? The services of a board-certified anesthesiologist are available at our office if requested or needed.
This FAQ content also can be found on our partner’s website Arizona Veterinary Dental Specialists