SAVS was established in 1994 by Dr. Reuben Merideth and Dr. Mary Kay Klein to meet the needs of the southwest veterinary community for a multiple specialty veterinary facility offering the services of board-certified veterinarians. The original specialty services included dentistry, dermatology, internal medicine, oncology, ophthalmology, and surgery. The hospital also included a 24-hour emergency service. Previously, board-certified veterinary specialists in southern Arizona either practiced in general veterinary hospitals or in their own solo practices.
Today, Southern Arizona Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center continues to grow to meet the demands of our community. We opened a second animal hospital in May of 2006, on the east side of Tucson, to better assist the veterinary clinics and clients in that rapidly growing area. We continue to strive and make positive changes in keeping with our tradition of being a center of excellence in veterinary medicine serving southern Arizona.
The doctors and staff of SAVS maintain a dedication to providing our clients with the latest techniques in diagnostics, treatment, and patient care, thus extending the general veterinarian’s abilities to offer specialty care to pet owners by referral. Equally important is the delivery of our services with gentle care, compassion, and professionalism to our patients and clients.
Our Mission Statement
By working together and putting forth our best effort, we will be the preferred provider of specialty and emergency veterinary care in southern Arizona.
To improve the quality of life of animals and the people who love them.
To set a higher standard for veterinary specialty and emergency care.
Our Core Values
- We are committed to providing the highest level of patient care delivered with compassion.
- We will strive to exceed expectations in all that we do.
- As individuals we will treat each other respectfully and communicate to effectively achieve the highest level of teamwork.
- By increasing and sharing our knowledge, we will be better tomorrow than we are today.
- We are committed to helpful, knowledgeable, and compassionate interaction to all we serve.